CHARLOTTE, N.C. — This is the last year for the CIAA tournament in uptown Charlotte before it moves to Baltimore, as part of a three year deal.
In 2019, the tournament yielded more than $25 million and over 76,000 fans.
For two alumni, who haven’t missed a moment, it’s not the money that brings them back. They said it’s the memories.
“I know the first day through the last day, I’m going to be there at the arena in my seat,” said alumnus Calvin Banks.
>>> In the video at the top of the page, Channel 9′s Dashawn Brown speaks to fans who have seen this tournament transform over 15 years.
The 75th CIAA tournament starts Tuesday and runs through Sunday.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Tractor-trailer driver charged after crash shuts down I-85 for hours
- NASCAR driver Ryan Newman ‘showing great improvement’ as he recovers from Daytona 500 crash
- 6-year-old Faye Swetlik was killed by neighbor hours after abduction, police say
- FORECAST: How much snow could we see fall in Charlotte tomorrow?
- 'Nothing nobody could have done’: Man found dead in Lake Norman house fire
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group