• Faulty pool heater forces Dilworth evacuations


    CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Several Dilworth families had to be evacuated overnight because of a problem with a pool heater.

    The families are staying in transitional homes at the YWCA on Park Road.

    Around 11 p.m. Wednesday, a boiler used to heat the pool overheated and filled the air with smoke and carbon monoxide.

    Nearly 60 people had to leave their homes, but crews let them back in after the boiler cooled.

    Paramedics treated a couple of people for smoke inhalation but no one else was hurt.

    Sign up for breaking news alerts, click here.

    Next Up:

  • Headline Goes Here

    Faulty pool heater forces Dilworth evacuations

  • Headline Goes Here

    2 reports of stranger approaching children in Charlotte

  • Headline Goes Here

    Pit bull bites children inside south Charlotte elementary school, police say

  • Headline Goes Here

    Maryland school shooting: Gunman killed, 2 injured at Great Mills High School

  • Headline Goes Here

    US student found dead in Bermuda after intense search