CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A top FBI terrorism official woke up and noticed he had cash, jewelry and firearms stolen after a night of drinking while attending a conference at the Westin Hotel in uptown Charlotte in July, according to a story in the New York Times.
Investigators said Robert Manson met a woman in the hotel bar and took her back to his room.
Manson found that $60 in cash, his $6,000 Rolex watch and a Glock 27 handgun were stolen, according to The New York Times.
The Times said several women at the Westin bar told FBI agents they were exotic dancers.
Manson oversees all terrorism investigations in the Carolinas and in the Midwest.
The police report said the theft happened between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m.
"Those are supposed to be some of our top law enforcement officials, ya know? For that to happen, that's pretty careless, honestly,” said Preston Bridges at the Westin Hotel.
FBI officials told Channel 9 that the incident is the subject of an internal investigation.
Officials said no arrests have been made.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 2 Myers Park HS students hit by truck while trying to get on school bus
- Retired Navy vet accused of killing girl found on Charlotte church lawn
- Still no answers 10 years after Kyle Fleischmann vanished from uptown
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Thursday forecast outlook
- Officials investigate cause of transformer fire at McGuire Nuclear Station
- Tears fall as Carrie Underwood pays tribute Vegas shooting victims
Cox Media Group