WASHINGTON - North Carolina’s 13th District was awarded $1.5 million for three affordable housing developments.
Statesville and Cleveland are part of the district.
Rep. Ted Budd, R-NC 13, sent a letter to the Federal Home Loan Bank System and requested the grant money earlier this year. More than 150 rental units will be built.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Escaped murder suspect, 13, shows up at uncle's house in leg shackle
- Officials: 7 students hurt when school bus rear-ended in Stanly County
- SC man gets 10 years for enslaving, torturing man with disabilities
- FORECAST: Rain on the way ahead of dramatic temperature plunge
- Teacher accused of sex with student found dead in apparent murder-suicide
© 2019 Cox Media Group.