• Fire damages Salvation Army's women's shelter

    Updated:

    CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The Salvation Army is working to keep people warm after a fire at the women's shelter in north Charlotte.

    The fire started on Spratt Street around 9 p.m. Sunday.

    Crews on scene said a dryer caught fire in the laundry room.

    The shelter moved residents to the gym to keep them out of the cold.


    Next Up:


  • Headline Goes Here

    Fire damages Salvation Army's women's shelter

  • Headline Goes Here

    Prominent Charlotte eye doctor accused of cocaine use

  • Headline Goes Here

    Elon professor suspects illegal voting activity in national college competition

  • Headline Goes Here

    Huntersville police looking for masked man suspected in string of break-ins

  • Headline Goes Here

    North Korea says it will suspend nuclear and missile testing