• Firefighters pull woman from burning home

    By: Trish Williford

    Updated:

    CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Dozens of Charlotte firefighters spent two hours on the scene of a house fire investigating what could have led to the blaze that trapped a woman inside her bedroom.

    Firefighters said flames were shooting through the front of the home when they arrived on Porter Street shortly after 8:30 p.m. Monday.

    Several people living inside the northwest Charlotte home managed to make it out safely.

    But they said one woman was still trapped inside her bedroom in the front of the home crying out for someone to help get her to safety.

    One man said he was crawling through the window when firefighters arrived.

    That was when firefighters pulled the woman from the home.

    The fire was caused by food cooking on the stove, officials said.

    To see more local news stories, click here.

    Next Up:


  • Headline Goes Here

    Firefighters pull woman from burning home

  • Headline Goes Here

    Prominent Charlotte eye doctor accused of cocaine use

  • Headline Goes Here

    Elon professor suspects illegal voting activity in national college competition

  • Headline Goes Here

    Huntersville police looking for masked man suspected in string of break-ins

  • Headline Goes Here

    North Korea says it will suspend nuclear and missile testing