ALEXANDER COUNTY, N.C. — A local firefighter died after collapsing while on duty.
The Central Alexander-Taylorsville Fire Department confirmed Eric Pennell died Monday afternoon.
"We ask that you please keep the Pennell family, as well as the Central Alexander-Taylorsville Fire Department in your thoughts and prayers," the department tweeted.
Pennell’s family, Central Alexander Fire Department and the Alexander County Sheriff’s Office will honor his life and service to the community.
The family will receive friends at Millersville Baptist Church from 1 p.m to 3:45 p.m. Friday. The funeral service will follow at 4 p.m.
The CFD would like to extend our deepest condolences and Thoughts & Prayers to @CAFDST30 on the tragic passing of FF Pennell today. RFB-KTF. pic.twitter.com/M9eKy7aKjB— Conover Fire Dept. (@ConoverFire) April 18, 2017
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'Heroic' witnesses tried to save 5-year-old killed at revolving restaurant
- WATCH: South Carolina family awakens to 9-foot alligator on porch
- Man shot to death after argument in Catawba County, sheriff says
- 5 things to know about Tax Day: refunds are up, audits down
- VIDEO: Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast
- Cleveland Facebook Killing: What we know now
Cox Media Group