• Couple rushed to hospital after mobile home fire in Gaston Co.

    By: Paige Hansen

    Updated:

    GASTON COUNTY, N.C. - Firefighters from eight different departments battled a fully involved mobile home fire near Mount Holly early Friday morning.

    The fire started just before 5 a.m. at a home on Fox Trail Drive in the Lucia community, off Highway 273 near Mountain Island Lake.

    Firefighters said the man and woman who lived in the home were able to get out OK, but suffered smoke inhalation and were taken to the hospital.

    Neighbors told Channel 9 that the couple is in their late 50s and that some pets were unaccounted for.

    Firefighters said that there are no fire hydrants nearby, which delayed their attempts to fight the flames as they had to truck in their own water.

    Firefighters said the home had no electricity and think the fire may have started from a wood burning stove.


    Next Up:


  • Headline Goes Here

    Couple rushed to hospital after mobile home fire in Gaston Co.

  • Headline Goes Here

    Father, 4-year-old son run over by teens stealing Bud Light, police say

  • Headline Goes Here

    Arrest made after Charlotte man's Corvette set on fire

  • Headline Goes Here

    Troopers: 1 killed in head-on crash involving 18-wheeler in York County

  • Headline Goes Here

    Billboards seek ‘Losing Streak Lois,' killer grandma wanted in 2 slayings