• Firefighters quickly extinguish Gastonia house fire

    Updated:

    GASTONIA, N.C. - Firefighters believe a grilling mishap may have led to a fire at Gastonia home Sunday night.

    Firefighters responded to a house on South Kings Street around 7:30 p.m. and when they arrived, they saw heavy smoke and flames coming from the front porch and crawl space.

    Roughly 20 firefighters quickly put out the flames and investigators estimated the damage to the home to be approximately $2,000.

    Nobody was hurt.

    Those who live at the home said they were grilling food on the front porch just before the fire started.


    Next Up:


  • Headline Goes Here

    Firefighters quickly extinguish Gastonia house fire

  • Headline Goes Here

    Teaching assistant in altercation at South Mecklenburg High School

  • Headline Goes Here

    Cam Newton surprises Special Olympics athletes with shopping spree

  • Headline Goes Here

    Waffle House shooting: Man accused of killing 4 in Tennessee arrested

  • Headline Goes Here

    Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, gives birth to baby boy