RALEIGH, N.C. - A Piedmont Air flight out of Charlotte Douglas International Airport made an emergency landing at the Raleigh-Durham International Airport because smoke odor in the cockpit was reported, FAA officials confirmed with Channel 9.
The flight was heading for the Newport News/ Williamsburg International Airport and it landed safely at 6:49 p.m. Sunday.
Officials said 45 people were onboard the plane at the time, but no injuries were reported.
The FAA is investigating the incident.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Teen shot to death leaving house party in north Charlotte, police say
- Man arrested after fight at convenience store leads to deadly shooting
- Chase crossing state line leads to deputy-involved shooting in Lancaster County
- FORECAST: Cold front brings much needed rain to parts of Charlotte region
- Mysterious lights in sky off North Carolina's Outer Banks caught on camera
© 2019 Cox Media Group.