CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Channel 9 has spoken with many people in and out of politics who are stunned about the investigation into possible fraud in the 9th District race.
Former Charlotte Mayor and North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory isn’t one of them.
“This is a fiasco that could’ve been prevented,” McCrory said.
McCrory said he raised concerns about fraud in Bladen County during his re-election campaign two years ago.
>>Watch the video at the top of the page for Channel 9’s Mark Becker’s interview with McCrory and the head of Mecklenburg County’s elections.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Woman says she was nearly abducted at QT near Carowinds
- Sheriff: SC woman shoots, kills escaped inmate who kicked in her door
- Second woman claims she was paid to pick up ballots in U.S. House District 9 race
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Wednesday forecast outlook
- WATCH: Video shows big rig zoom past school bus letting kids off
Cox Media Group