CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Local children with cancer received a holiday surprise on Sunday.
The Pinky Swear Foundation hosted the all-star holiday to benefit local children with cancer.
The event had gifts, food and games.
Families at the event said the holiday season can be extra challenging, and they just want their children to celebrate like everyone else.
“This gives them some normalcy,” parent Shannon Norwood said. “They may have missed out on things day to day, parties and different things. This gives them an opportunity to feel a part.”
Since 2003, the Pinky Swear Foundation has helped raise more than $15 million for families with children with cancer.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Megachurch pastor John Gray defends $200K Lamborghini purchase for wife
- CMPD investigating after woman, 5-year-old shot inside Steele Creek home
- Driver struck, killed after getting out of crashed vehicle on I-485
- Dozens of crimes reported at popular Charlotte shopping centers this month
- Deputies investigating after man fatally stabbed outside Lancaster County home
Cox Media Group