GASTONIA, N.C. - Once wasn’t enough, according to authorities, as a Gastonia man has been charged with making a second false bomb threat against a place where he worked.
Travis Chambers, 31, was arrested Tuesday in Gaston County, charged with making false bomb threats against the Crate and Barrel warehouse located at 621 Lincoln County Parkway Extension.
Detective Justin Link, with the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office, said the Jan. 9 bomb call was made by Chambers from an emergency-only cellphone, which made it difficult to trace initially. Chambers was also connected to a bomb threat against the same store made March 14. He was charged March 18 in that case.
Chambers was released from the Gaston County Jail on a $5,000 secured bond.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CDC warns about dangerous 'Kissing Bug' spreading north into Carolinas
- Man accused of taking teen from Charlotte to Miami, forcing her into prostitution
- Full body cam video released in deadly police shooting outside Charlotte Burger King
- FORECAST: One more day of sunshine before showers return Friday
- NC boy killed after brick mantle fell on him while reaching for toy, family says
© 2019 Cox Media Group.