GASTONIA, N.C. - One man died, and another was charged with driving while impaired following a head-on collision in Gastonia Saturday night.
Authorities responded to the crash just after 10 p.m. at the intersection of Robinwood Road and Seth Court.
Steven Lewis Ward, 58, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Clarence Bailey III, 20, was charged with felony death by motor vehicle, felony hit and run, driving while impaired, provisional driving while impaired, texting while driving, no operator’s license, failure to register vehicle, possession of alcohol by a 20-year-old, consumption of an alcoholic beverage by a 20-year-old and careless and reckless driving.
Police said Ward was traveling west on Robinwood Road when his car was struck head-on by Bailey.
Bailey was transported to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- SC prison secured after 7 inmates killed following riot, officials say
- Residents begin cleanup after harrowing storm: 'It was like a whirlwind'
- WATCH: Vicki Graf's Monday forecast outlook
- CMPD identifies man shot to death in city's 15th homicide of 2018
- Rock Hill pizza worker slapped after delivery service failed
© 2018 Cox Media Group.