GASTONIA, N.C. - Gastonia police are on the hunt for an alleged arsonist who they believe caused nearly $250,000 worth of damage to an apartment building on East Garrison Boulevard on Friday.
No one was injured in the fire broke out just before 5 p.m.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Teen shot to death leaving house party in north Charlotte, police say
- Man arrested after fight at convenience store leads to deadly shooting
- Chase crossing state line leads to deputy-involved shooting in Lancaster County
- FORECAST: Cold front brings much needed rain to parts of Charlotte region
- Mysterious lights in sky off North Carolina's Outer Banks caught on camera
© 2019 Cox Media Group.