• Group raises awareness of carbon monoxide poisoning following boy's death

    Updated:

    ROCK HILL - A fundraiser was held Saturday to bring carbon monoxide poisoning awareness to people across the Carolinas.

    The family of 11-year-old Jeffrey Williams created the organization in his memory.

    Jeffrey died last June after the poisonous gas leaked into a Boone hotel room he and his mom were staying in.

    “My heart is to just to let everybody know about carbon monoxide detectors and that they need it in their homes to protect them. They need it in hotel rooms or any sort of place, restaurants that (have) any gas or fuel burning,” said his mother, Jeannie Williams.

    The foundation handed out brochures and information at the Sam’s Club in Rock Hill.


    Next Up:


  • Headline Goes Here

    Group raises awareness of carbon monoxide poisoning following boy's death

  • Headline Goes Here

    Prominent Charlotte eye doctor accused of cocaine use

  • Headline Goes Here

    Elon professor suspects illegal voting activity in national college competition

  • Headline Goes Here

    Huntersville police looking for masked man suspected in string of break-ins

  • Headline Goes Here

    North Korea says it will suspend nuclear and missile testing