CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Police say a student who allegedly brought a gun to Garinger High School Monday is now charged along with two other teens in a fatal shooting Friday in east Charlotte.
Detectives said earlier Monday that they had arrested 17-year-old Tavone Smith and a 15-year-old suspect in the murder of Eskinder Asefaw on Wembley Drive.
Now, a second 15-year-old taken into custody at Garinger High also faces charges.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said the teen was arrested at the school by a school resource officer and was found with a gun and was in possession of a stolen vehicle.
The three teens are charged with murder, robbery with a dangerous weapon, conspiracy to commit murder, and conspiracy to armed robbery with a dangerous weapon. The two 15-year-olds have not been named because of their ages.
Police have not said if the gun found at the school is the one that was used in Friday's murder.
Smith was scheduled to make his first court appearance Tuesday.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Victims identified after nude gunman opens fire in Tenn. Waffle House
- Gaston County assistant DA charged with having meth, heroin
- WATCH: Keith Monday's wet Monday forecast outlook
- 2-year-old pelted 9 times by paintballs in her yard, mother says
- Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, gives birth to baby boy
- 2 teens charged in connection with man's shooting death last week
Cox Media Group