CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Ethan Kim is a senior at Ardrey Kell High School in south Charlotte, and he’s trying to set himself apart to get into one of the most prestigious universities in the world.
According to the Boston Globe, Kim found out in December that he was deferred from Harvard’s early admissions program.
Now, he’s created a rap video called “Harvard, please let me in” explaining why he should be admitted during the regular admissions process in March.
(Watch the full video below)
In a letter at the end of the video, Kim wrote that he knows “the chances of being admitted after a deferral are low, but to sit and wait for a response without doing something crazy would be untrue to who I am.”
He said he didn’t expect to rap his way into Harvard and that he had another motivation.
“I did, however, want to show the best version of myself and the most real version of myself, because I believed if a college wanted me for that, that’s where I belonged,” Kim said.
In the video at the top of this webpage, we speak with Kim about his unique take on the application process.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Couples left scrambling after Charlotte wedding venue closes unexpectedly
- GUILTY: Jury convicts man in 2017 slaying of beloved uptown newspaper deliveryman
- ‘I’m going fishing’: Morganton man wins big lottery prize for a second time
- FORECAST: Clear morning but more rain on the way to start workweek
- Uptown, NoDa eateries among those that didn’t make the grade in January
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group