CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The N.C. Utilities Commission has scheduled a hearing starting Aug. 19 for evidence and expert testimony on Piedmont Natural Gas’ request for a 9% overall rate increase.
According to information filed with the commission, the increase would hike residential customer rates about 9.8%, commercial customer rates by 10.35% to 11.1% and industrial customer rates about 6.6%.
Typical residential customers would see their average monthly bills go up about $12.23 to $122.14 in the winter heating months and about $2.34 to $31.21 for the remaining months. The average increase for the full year would be about $6.46 per month, Piedmont calculates.
The commission also announced four hearings around the state for members of the public to comment on the rate proposal.
Read more here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Country star Travis Tritt's tour bus involved in fatal wreck leaving Myrtle Beach
- Police arrest, charge suspect after man stabbed to death at South End gas station
- 3-year-old girl dies after sexual assault, abuse, police say; stepfather, mother charged
- FORECAST: Another hot, humid day on tap for the area; rain chances remain low
- 'We lost a hero': Thousands say final goodbyes to Savannah police officer from Charlotte
© 2019 Cox Media Group.