CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A heavy metal guitarist from the Charlotte area is now facing serious time in federal prison on child pornography charges.
Karl Logan was the lead guitarist in the band Man-O-War until his arrest in August 2018. He’s charged with six counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, for allegedly having six disturbing videos showing a child as young as 4 years old engaged in sexual acts.
Logan’s attorney, Brad Smith, said he has been “extremely cooperative with the investigation from the beginning, and he’ll continue to do that.”
Smith couldn’t comment directly on the charges but did say there could be an explanation for them.
“You oftentimes do see with those that do end up pleading, there’s a direct correlation to something that happened in their childhood,” Smith said.
Logan will make a first appearance on the federal charges as early as Tuesday.
Logan is out of jail, awaiting that first appearance.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Parents fight to get diploma for son who died in his sleep
- CMPD: Heat exhaustion brought 9-hour standoff to an end
- NC man once on death row sees conviction overturned -- four decades later
- FORECAST: Near-record heat grips Carolinas through Memorial Day Weekend
- 6-year-old hit by SUV while trying to catch school bus, police say
© 2019 Cox Media Group.