• High levels of carbon monoxide found at hotel after fire

    Updated:

    CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The Ramada Inn on Woodlawn Avenue was evacuated after the fire alarm went off Wednesday morning.

    When firefighters arrived, they discovered a construction crew was operating some power tools, and the exhaust set off the fire alarm.

    Firefighters said they found high levels of carbon monoxide in the building, so they evacuated and vented the hotel.

    No one was hurt.


    Next Up:


  • Headline Goes Here

    High levels of carbon monoxide found at hotel after fire

  • Headline Goes Here

    Stranded kayaker pulled from South Fork Catawba River

  • Headline Goes Here

    Person barricaded inside mental health clinic

  • Headline Goes Here

    Armed suspect barricaded in Charlotte building

  • Headline Goes Here

    A movie, popcorn and a drink for $10? Tuesday AMC deal is making it happen