CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A Highway Patrol trooper was driving a cruiser Wednesday night when it rear-ended a vehicle on Interstate 485, which caused a chain reaction involving two more vehicles.
The wreck was on the outer loop near the Johnston Road Exit, troopers said. The left lane was closed due to the crash.
The trooper failed to slow down, officials said.
One person was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Concord police identify victim in deadly shooting in hospital parking lot
- Witnesses claim several people arrested by ICE agents across Charlotte
- SC teen who vanished on way to school found slain on highway
- WATCH: Car spins doughnuts in I-85 construction zone, narrowly missing workers
- Harvesting hemp for CBD oil grows in popularity
© 2019 Cox Media Group.