MONROE, N.C. — For one night only, a Monroe Walmart looked more like Santa’s workshop.
Dozens of families were gifted hundreds of dollars for Christmas shopping by the nonprofit Hometown Heroes.
Hometown Heroes supports families who have kids wth cancer and raised money all year to make the event happen.
Watch the video above to hear how grateful the families were to experience the joy of Christmas.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Woman receives Christmas wish after surviving serious motorcycle crash
- 3 women charged after heroin found in North Carolina jail
- Changes expected for aging Panthers after 7-game skid
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Christmas Day forecast outlook
- Hometown Heroes gifts families with shopping spree just in time for the holidays
Cox Media Group