HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. — Two families in Huntersville are having to find a new place to live days before Thanksgiving after a fire broke out at an apartment building.
Firefighters responded to the apartments on Kincey Avenue near Gilead Road on Saturday.
Authorities said the fire started on the stove in one of the apartments. The sprinkler system was activated, which got the attention of the neighbor.
“I saw flames. And, of course, at that time, because I wasn’t expecting it, I panicked,” one of the victims said.
>> In the video at the top of the page, Channel 9′s Glenn Counts learns how police helped one of them escape and the heartbreaking changes these families have to make to their Thanksgiving plans.
Firefighters said no one was injured, and everyone got out of the apartment building safely.
© 2020 Cox Media Group