Officials in Bermuda say schools, public transportation and government offices will close early ahead of the likely arrival of Hurricane Humberto as a Category 2 storm Wednesday evening.
The National Hurricane Center said Tuesday that Tropical Storm Imelda has made landfall near Freeport, Texas.
Forecasters expect heavy rainfall and potential flash flooding as the storm moves inland.
Channel 9 meteorologist Tony Sadiku flew with “hurricane hunters” into the eye of Hurricane Dorian and traveled to the Bahamas to see the devastation.
In the video at the top of this webpage, Sadiku also visits a hurricane simulator that recreated the real-life conditions during Hurricane Florence last year.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Rock Hill man betrayed after attorney pockets $166K mortgage payoff
- 'He was looking forward to heaven': Boy with rare form of dwarfism laid to rest
- Alleged Florida serial killer has ties to Charlotte area
- FORECAST: Final hot day before cold front, wet weather arrives
- Report: Cam Newton misses practice after aggravating foot injury
© 2019 Cox Media Group.