CHARLOTTE, N.C. — All northbound lanes on Interstate 77 near W.T. Harris Boulevard were shut down for hours Thursday evening after an accident following a shooting in north Charlotte.
[MORE: I-77 construction zone continues to see significant spike in crashes]
Officers told Channel 9 they investigated a shooting in the area in which a person in a car died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Officials reopened the interstate around midnight.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- North Carolina man awarded $8.8M from wife's boyfriend after affair
- Family grieves after Concord father drowns at Sunset Beach
- Slaying at scenic NC mountain inn rattles seasonal workers
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Weekend Forecast Outlook
- I-77 in north Charlotte reopened overnight after shooting investigation
Cox Media Group