CHARLOTTE, N.C. - An elderly woman walking on a sidewalk in Ballantyne was struck Wednesday night by a vehicle, which was a result of a domestic-related fight, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said.
A female driver was chasing her boyfriend's vehicle on Rea Road, hitting his car twice, police said.
On the second hit, the woman's vehicle flipped and hit the innocent bystander on the sidewalk near the Reavencrest neighborhood.
The woman who was hit by the car was taken to a hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening.
The female driver was charged with assault with a deadly weapon and reckless driving. She was not hurt.
The man had minor injuries.
Return to this story for updates.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com
- Man taken into custody after SWAT situation at home in Catawba County
- Innocent bystander on sidewalk hit by flipped-over vehicle during domestic dispute
- Man with concealed-carry holds suspect, accused of crashing into cars, at bay
- FORECAST: Preview of fall continues with cooler temps and sunshine
- Charlotte woman demands money back after saying vacation went bad
© 2019 Cox Media Group.