CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A truck carrying glass panels wrecked on Interstate 77 Wednesday morning, leaving the road covered in glass shards.
The truck driver said a tow truck clipped him after he entered I-77 northbound near Remount Road at exit 8.
The truck was carrying balcony window panels to the new Mint Museum apartments in uptown. Officials said 32 crates fell.
Crews worked to clean up the mess and North Carolina Department of Transportation officials were able to reopen all lanes around 8:30 a.m.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Security guard shoots, kills would-be robber in Concord, police say
- Crashed school bus driver says she swerved to avoid cat in road
- Copperhead snake bites child at preschool playground
- I-77 covered with shards of glass after wreck
- Woman shot at pool party in northeast Charlotte apartment complex
- Family of 6 escapes burning home in west Charlotte overnight
© 2019 Cox Media Group.