HARMONY, NC — The Iredell County Sheriff's Office says two parents are charged after their 3-year-ol child was found wandering around nude in Harmony Meadows Mobile Home Park off Harmony Highway Saturday.
Sheriff Darren Campbell said 25-year-old Devon Erin Dilorenzo and 27-year-old David Velazquez Castillo told his deputies they were asleep and weren't aware the child had gotten outside.
The Iredell County Department of Social Services removed the child from the residence for safe keeping.
Dilorenzo and Castillo face misdemeanor child abuse charges. Bond was set at $15,000.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Who is Mark Anthony Conditt, 23-year-old suspected Austin bomber?
- Iredell County parents charged after 3-year-old found wandering nude
- Charlotte craft brewers sue over NC law that takes away sales control
- TRACKING: Snow falling in mountains; cold rain in Charlotte
- Several students hurt when school bus runs off road near Rock Hill
- Family sues claiming father's face disfigured before funeral
Cox Media Group