IREDELL COUNTY, N.C. - The Iredell-Statesville Board of Education wants to change the 2019-2020 calendar to look more like a college schedule.
Students would get three weeks off from December to January starting before the holiday break.
In the summer, they would take most of June off but come back before the month ends.
The board is looking for feedback to the plan and has an online survey.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- SC prison secured after 7 inmates killed following riot, officials say
- Residents begin cleanup after harrowing storm: 'It was like a whirlwind'
- WATCH: Vicki Graf's Monday forecast outlook
- CMPD identifies man shot to death in city's 15th homicide of 2018
- Rock Hill pizza worker slapped after delivery service failed
© 2018 Cox Media Group.