IREDELL COUNTY, N.C. — An Iredell-Statesville Schools teacher is accused of touching students inappropriately, the Iredell County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release.
Neil David Krasnigor, 57, was a teacher at Mount Mourne IB School when the report was filed on March 27.
Krasnigor is charged with seven counts of indecent liberties with a minor and one count of assault on a female.
There were three victims between 12 and 14 years old, officials said.
Krasnigor was arrested Wednesday by the Cabarrus County Sheriff’s Office and was given a $100,000 secure bond.
His attorney released the following statement regarding the charges against him:
"Mr. Krasnigor adamantly denies the charges. He has dedicated his career to excellence in education and is stunned by these allegations. We look forward to a trial as soon as we can get one."
A spokesperson with Iredell-Statesville Schools said Krasnigor has been suspended with pay. He’s worked with the district since 2005.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Cleanup begins after strong storms topple trees across Charlotte region
- Shoe with human foot inside found at South Carolina dock
- Police looking for driver who crashed car into pond in University City
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Friday forecast
- CMPD says intoxicated officer charged after threatening other officers
- VIDEO: Panthers OL Michael Oher accused of assaulting Uber driver in TN
Cox Media Group