LINCOLNTON, N.C. - An Iron Station man has been charged in connection with a shooting incident where shots were fired into a moving vehicle late Saturday night.
Deputies said they responded to a man who had been shot at another location and driven to a church parking lot on East NC Highway 27.
Police said they later determined the shooting happened in the driveway of a home on Bluegrass Lane that belonged to 33-year-old Jonathon Miles Blanton.
Officials said Blanton was accused of firing the shot into a moving vehicle. They said the shot came through the back window and struck the driver, Bobby Alexander Holmes, of Asheville.
Holmes was transported to Caromont Medical Center in Gastonia where officials said he was treated and remains hospitalized in stable condition.
Blanton was charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill and inflicting serious injury and discharging a weapon into an occupied moving vehicle. He was taken before a Lincoln County magistrate and placed in the Harven A. Crouse Detention Center under a $50,000 secured bond.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police investigate attempted kidnapping at south Charlotte bus stop
- CMPD: Driver in fatal hit-and-run, who walked up to pedestrian before driving away, arrested
- Police: Multiple people arrested for 'driving erratically' on ATVs, dirt bikes across Charlotte
- FORECAST: Drier conditions Monday ahead of a wet workweek
- Currys: All-Star weekend 'everything we hoped it would be'
© 2019 Cox Media Group.