HORRY COUNTY, S.C. - A lightning strike nearly hit a South Carolina man Thursday.
Romulus McNeill was walking to his car, while holding an umbrella, in Horry County when a bolt of lightning struck close by.
Video captured the moment that almost knocked him off his feet.
He said he felt a jolt when it happened.
"I saw light,” McNeill said. “I tried to get up out of there like the Roadrunner. I don't want that to happen to nobody else. It was crazy."
He said he doesn't know exactly where it hit, but he won’t risk walking in stormy weather again.
"Dark clouds and all that,” he said. “I'm looking around for dark clouds or for anything funny now. I've got to look, take a double-take now."
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- ICE warns Charlotte could be haven for violent criminals after latest suspect walks free
- VIDEO: Plane was on fire when Earnhardt Jr., family escaped crash
- 'It's sad': Beloved street preacher brutally attacked inside apartment
- FORECAST: Rain chances stay low across region as heat wave rolls on
- UNC professor, girls' softball coach among 14 arrested in prostitution raid
© 2019 Cox Media Group.