CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams is the latest addition to Charlotte’s NoDa neighborhood.
Jeni’s will hold a grand-opening event on June 27 at that location at 416 E. 36th St., Suite 400. Its soft opening occurred this week.
The 1,896-square-foot shop is part of Novel NoDa’s retail component, joining tenants like Idlewild cocktail bar and fast-casual, meals-in-a-bowl concept Rush Bowls, which is scheduled to open next door on June 16, according to a post on its Facebook page. Also soon to open in that same complex is Wooden Robot’s The 36th Chamber, marking the South End brewery’s second location in Charlotte.
Jeni’s uses raw milk to make its product, avoiding stabilizers and emulsifiers while highlighting ingredients like Fair Trade chocolate or local ingredients when possible. It also has dairy-free options.
Read more and check out photos of the shop here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD investigating after 13-year-old reports being sexually assaulted by 3 men
- Walmart outsourcing means layoffs for nearly 600 employees in Charlotte
- Home alone: Police say North Carolina 11-year-old hit intruder with machete
- FORECAST: Sunny, dry Saturday on tap for Charlotte region
- Family to file lawsuit against popular Fort Mill restaurant over racism claims
© 2019 Cox Media Group.