CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A legal settlement involving Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center could end up saving patients money.
Channel 9 has been closely following the federal lawsuit against Atrium since 2016 when it was Carolinas Healthcare System.
The federal government and state of North Carolina filed suit, claiming Atrium was using its size to increase costs.
In November, we reported there was a settlement in the case and now a federal judge has signed off on it.
>>In the video at the top of this page, Action 9’s Jason Stoogenke breaks down the settlement and the practices Atrium has to end.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CDC warns about dangerous 'Kissing Bug' spreading north into Carolinas
- Man accused of taking teen from Charlotte to Miami, forcing her into prostitution
- Full body cam video released in deadly police shooting outside Charlotte Burger King
- FORECAST: One more day of sunshine before showers return Friday
- NC boy killed after brick mantle fell on him while reaching for toy, family says
© 2019 Cox Media Group.