ASHEVILLE, N.C. - An North Carolina woman accused in a fake kidnapping near Biltmore Park last month is now out of jail after a judge decided to reduce her bond, according to WLOS.
A judge decided Wednesday to reduce 35-year-old Krista Madden's bond from $750,000 to $100,000
Last month, Madden was accused of throwing her baby into a ravine, then lying to police saying the baby was kidnapped.
Neighbors later found the child safe in Henderson County.
Police said they charged Madden with first degree attempted murder based on information gathered at the various scenes and during her interviews with authorities after the child was found.
Last month, Madden was evaluated for postpartum depression at a psychiatric facility in Chapel Hill, according to our news partners WLOS.
WLOS reports among the conditions of her bond, she cannot have direct contact with her children but is allowed to Skype with them under supervision.
She will be in court again in August.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 5 teens arrested in SWAT standoff after attempted armed robbery, police say
- NFL player to pay for 11-year-old South Carolina shooting victim's funeral
- NC woman accused of trying to kill baby released from jail after judge reduces bond
- FORECAST: Warm temps, humidity previews hot week ahead for Charlotte region
- WATCH: Camper overturns on I-77 in Iredell County
© 2019 Cox Media Group.