LANCASTER, S.C. - Police are trying to figure out who shot a man they found dead in the middle of a Lancaster street overnight.
Officers were on patrol around 1 a.m. in the area of East Dunlap Street and Thomas Lane when they spotted someone lying in the street near the intersection.
They walked up to the man and quickly realized he had been shot and was dead.
He has been identified as 47-year-old Terry Thompson.
Authorities said that particular section of East Dunlap Street consists of mostly vacant homes and police said they received no calls for gunshots in the area before the discovery.
No arrests have been made.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Owner of Biltmore Estate dies at his North Carolina home
- Lancaster officers on patrol find man shot to death in middle of street
- Police release description of car that hit, killed man in wheelchair
- NYC truck attack: Investigators scour driver’s background
- Police: Union Co. teacher had sexual relationship with former student
- VIDEO: Keith Monday’s Wednesday forecast outlook
© 2018 Cox Media Group.