CORNELIUS, N.C. - All lanes northbound on Interstate 77 near Catawba Avenue in Cornelius have reopened after a tractor-trailer jack-knifed early Friday morning,
The crash happened just before 1 a.m. and caused the lanes to be blocked for hours until crews were able to move the truck to the side of the road.
Crews said they were able to open two lanes as they tried to clean the oil off the highway.
The crash backed up dozens of cars causing them to sit on the interstate for a couple of hours.
Officials said all lanes have reopened as of 4:40 a.m.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'I have no heart left': Woman loses $300K to Match.com romance scam
- Panthers QB Newton injures foot, Brady solid in Patriots' 10-3 win
- Coach who pleaded guilty to spying on girls will not work in district, officials say
- Alaska Airlines loses 13-year-old daughter, Fayetteville father says
- FORECAST: Thunderstorms roll in again as cold front sweeps through Carolinas
© 2019 Cox Media Group.