CONCORD, N.C. - A late Concord city councilman’s legacy will be kept alive through a scholarship.
The Sam Leder “I’ve Got Your Back” Scholarship was recently announced.
Leder started serving the Concord City Council in 2015 and served until he passed away in June.
Leder’s scholarship will be given to high school students in Cabarrus County.
The goal is for more than $4,000 to be given to a few students every year.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Mom charged months after 3-year-old falls to his death at Charlotte airport
- 'It disgusts me': SC deputy accused of having sex with high school student
- Police: Kidnappers shoot Hickory business owner, tie up girlfriend, child
- FORECAST: Sunny skies across region ahead of weekend rain
- Local college professor, 9 others arrested on child sex crime charges
© 2019 Cox Media Group.