CHARLOTTE, N.C. - One of Charlotte's fastest-changing, up-and-coming neighborhoods now has space for a few hundred more residents.
The NRP Group, a multifamily developer and operator based in Ohio, has opened a 309-unit apartment complex adjacent to the light-rail line in Optimist Park.
The Parkwood at Optimist Park, situated between uptown and NoDa at 1700 Brevard St., includes studios as well as one-, two- and three-bedroom apartments, according to the company's news release.
As previously noted by CBJ, the community is adjacent to the Lynx Blue Line's Parkwood Station. Construction began in spring 2017, shortly after the developer's purchase of the land for $6.6 million.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Amber Alert issued for 3-year-old abducted after woman shot to death
- Man, 2 women found dead following shooting at Hickory apartment
- Accused gang member escapes prison, takes Lyft to family's Shelby home
- FORECAST: Heat index of at least 100 degrees; afternoon storms likely
- Dirt biker killed in crash, man charged after group of riders attack woman
© 2019 Cox Media Group.