CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Sejin Koh was one of more than a million people who flocked to hear Rev. Billy Graham speak in South Korea on June 3, 1973.
More than 40 years later, Koh’s life-changing crusade led him to connect with Graham in Charlotte at the Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.
Koh recalls every detail of Graham’s message from the front-row seat in South Korea.
“It was amazing, his facial expression, his gestures,” Koh said. “The sermon was so simple and powerful. There, I made the conscious decision to be a follower of Jesus Christ.”
Koh is a now a professor at the Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary where Graham is one of its founders.
The professors at the seminary train thousands to share the Gospel.
David Currie, another Gordon-Conwell professor, said one of his students was also at Graham’s crusade in South Korea in 1973.
“He took out one of the photos and he pointed to it, said, ‘You see that there, that's me, that's where I received Christ.’”
- SPECIAL SECTION: The life and death of Rev. Billy Graham
- LINK: OBITUARY FOR REV. BILLY GRAHAM
- Family spokesman details funeral arrangements for Rev. Billy Graham
- Reaction to Rev. Billy Graham's passing pours in from around the world
- Rev. Billy Graham, known as 'America's Pastor,' dies at 99
- Local leaders recall fond memories of the Rev. Billy Graham
- PHOTOS: Billy Graham through the years
- PHOTOS: Billy Graham was counselor to presidents
- Rev. Graham helped make religion popular, says Davidson professor
- 4 things to know about Billy Graham
- IMAGES: Church where Billy Graham held first sermons
- Celebrities, politicians react to Billy Graham's death
- Followers from Montreat to Charlotte remember the Rev. Graham
- Rev. Billy Graham's family members reflect on their time spent with him
- Where was the Rev. Billy Graham's first sermon?
- Duke professor calls meetings with Rev. Billy Graham a 'mountaintop experience'
- Jean Graham Ford on Billy Graham: 'He's always been a big brother hero'
- Rev. Graham leaves lasting impression with Samaritan's Purse
- Leaders express admiration, sadness for Billy Graham
- IMAGES: Scenes from Billy Graham 95th birthday celebration in Asheville
- PHOTO TIMELINE: Billy Graham life, important dates
- PHOTOS: The influence of Rev. Billy Graham
- PHOTOS: Rev. Billy Graham at presidential inaugurations over the years
- Billy Graham quotes: He made Christian principles accessible to millions
“He lived what he preached from those crusades in his daily life,” student Doug Carver said.
Currie said that Gordon-Conwell would not exist without Graham’s vision.
Gordon-Conwell has been in existence for nearly 50 years.
© 2020 Cox Media Group