CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A Carolina Panthers spokesperson confirmed that limited owners of the team have agreed to sell their ownership when Jerry Richardson finds a buyer.
Some of those limited partners could increase their shares and purchase the team themselves, a team spokesperson said.
Earlier this month, Richardson announced plans to sell the team at the end of the season. That decision came after the Panthers announced an investigation into Richardson for workplace misconduct.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police identify officer, fugitive in officer-involved shooting
- Lawsuit: NC Sam’s Club discriminated against transgender worker
- Woman charged with involuntary manslaughter in deadly 3-car crash
- Police: NC mother left son in the cold to attend Christmas party
- WATCH: Keith Monday’s Thursday forecast outlook
© 2018 Cox Media Group.