LINCOLN COUNTY, N.C. - Lincoln County is suspending most of its water sampling for the general public.
The county environmental health office said the move is due to a severe staffing shortage.
The office will still do sampling for new well permits and doctors' orders.
The office released a list of private labs in the area for sampling.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'Sad to see this happen': Massive flames gut Statesville church
- Homeowner: Mooresville Airbnb guest shot confronting break-in suspects
- 9 investigates: Tainted gasoline complaints on the rise across NC
- FORECAST: Damp and dreary start to the work week
- Trial set to begin for man accused of murder during 2016 Charlotte riots
© 2019 Cox Media Group.