CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The flooding rain and the tropical storm-force winds are some of the biggest threats to Charlotte that can topple trees in an instant.
Watch the video above as reporter DaShawn Brown talks to local arborists about how they will respond to all those calls about downed trees
Local arborists say they are fielding hundreds of phone calls regarding downed trees, but right now, they are responding to the most dangerous ones.
Officials said that once Hurricane Florence barrels through, cleanup could get harder and more hazardous.
Arborists told Channel 9 that the grounds are already saturated with water, so that means a tree doesn’t have to look like it’s in bad shape to crash onto a house or car, or knock out power.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- FLORENCE UPDATES: Category 1 hurricane makes landfall near Wrightsville Beach
- 'We are coming to get you': Crews work to rescue residents from rising flood waters
- FLORENCE ARRIVES: Watch these must-see livestreams of the Carolina coast
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Friday forecast outlook
- One killed in crash on I-77, south of Carowinds in York County
© 2018 Cox Media Group.