CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A local burger place has been flipping burgers for more than 40 years but now is helping to flip some lives for the better.
Brooks in NoDa said it’s donating land in east Charlotte to be developed into affordable housing by Habitat for Humanity.
[ALSO READ: Council expected to approve $12M plan to fight affordable housing crisis]
“I said, 'I think it’s about time for us to give back a little bit to the community because community has been so good to us,'” co-owner David Brooks said.
They plan to build between 16 to 24 townhomes over the next few years.
>> Watch the video above to find out why the family kept the land all this time.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'Someone knows something': Man killed after shots fired into Charlotte home, police say
- NC retiree who won lottery jackpot used numbers from fortune cookie
- Female guard, suspect argued at South End construction site before rape, CMPD says
- FORECAST: Humidity, storm chances expected to return to Queen City
- Cornelius restaurant fined after allowing minors to work beyond legal hours
Cox Media Group