CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The proprietors of a popular shop in Charlotte are looking forward to their debut this weekend on HGTV’s “Caribbean Life,” a reality television show that follows families leaving the U.S. mainland for “an affordable slice of heaven” in the islands.
Scott Lindsley and Joey Hewell, the couple behind the NoDa Company Store and a smaller outpost called The Canteen at Camp North End, are appearing on the show after purchasing property in Roatan, Honduras, with plans to create a sort of mini-resort, dubbed “Fort Linwell,” on the island.
“An adventure-seeking couple from Charlotte, North Carolina are eager for change in their daily routine,” reads a teaser for the episode on HGTV’s website. After establishing a restaurant business in their hometown, they are ready to bring their southern flavors to the Caribbean and take a bite out of Roatan.”
Read more here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'There's no logical answer': Sheriff offers more details in case of teen killed by dad
- 20-year-old gunned down outside uptown is Charlotte's latest homicide victim
- Mom claims pair posing as Child Protection Services workers tried to take son; police investigating
- FORECAST: Heat returns after first day under 90 degrees in weeks
- Family claims CMS didn’t do enough to protect daughter from sex abuse
© 2019 Cox Media Group.