EAST CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Heavy snow across North Carolina has left thousands of homes and businesses without power, including one neighborhood in east Charlotte.
Another issue Channel 9 witnessed in the area Monday morning was malfunctioning traffic lights at busy intersections.
Watch the video above as Eyewitness News anchor Kristen Leigh speaks with families still dealing with the lingering impacts of the winter storm in east Charlotte.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- TRACKING: Remnants of weekend winter storm bring concern for black ice during morning drive
- WATCH: Swimsuit-clad North Carolina family frolics in snow in hilarious viral video
- WINTER STORM: Running list of closings and delays
- Firefighters put out fire at historic Fort Mill church
- Man dies, wife injured after tree crashes on car in Matthews
© 2019 Cox Media Group.