CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Habitat for Humanity of Charlotte knows it takes a community to solve the city’s affordable housing crisis.
Eliyahu Benysrael found the opportunity to move into a home because of Habitat for Humanity.
“Because housing prices are going up so much in Charlotte, it’s really difficult for people on the average income to get a house,” Benysrael said.
In the video at the top of this webpage, Habitat for Humanity of Charlotte celebrates serving 2,000 families.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police identify man killed after fight with friend at Ballantyne townhouse
- Kemba Walker brought to tears during emotional Charlotte return
- Man found dead on Chester County road, deputies say
- FORECAST: Drying out before hard freeze arrives this weekend
- Car ends up on its roof in creek after crashing off bridge near uptown
© 2019 Cox Media Group.