CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Around 57,000 people will be diagnosed with pancreatic cancer this year.
Another 47,000 will lose their battles.
The nonprofit’s co-founder, Grace Lynch, said with Congressman John Lewis and “Jeopardy” host Alex Trebek waging very public battles against the disease, she’s hoping people will take the time to pay attention to their bodies and watch for potential warning signs.
>>In the video of the top of the page, Channel 9′s Damany Lewis speaks with Lynch to discuss what her organization is doing to bring awareness to the disease and how you can get involved.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- ‘This is justice’: Man convicted of murder at 14 to walk free 20 years later
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: School bus driver suspended after outburst toward students
- CMPD: Three in custody after carjacking in south Charlotte leads to police chase
- FORECAST: Temps nearly 20 degrees above average; more rain in store
- ‘A huge sense of relief’: CMPD assistant chief retires after more than 28 years of service
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group