HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. - Less than two years after opening its first studio, this Huntersville-based fitness concept is on the fast track to high-intensity growth.
RockBox Fitness, which combines boxing and kickboxing for a full body workout, made its local debut in Cornelius in September 2017. It now has 11 studios open across the Carolinas, Georgia, Tennessee and California — and another 24 franchise locations on the way.
In the Charlotte market alone, RockBox has seven sites — Huntersville; Steele Creek; Rock Hill; the University area; the Blakeney shopping center; just west of uptown on Wilkinson Boulevard; and Mooresville, the result of a Cornelius relocation. While three of those locations — Huntersville, Blakeney in south Charlotte and the one near uptown — are corporately run, the remainder are franchise stores.
“Franchising is the way to get this out to the most people in the most organic manner,” said co-founder Roger Martin. He noted a SouthPark location is in the works, with Concord also a possibility for local expansion.
Read more here about the company and its plans for the future.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Country star Travis Tritt's tour bus involved in fatal wreck leaving Myrtle Beach
- Police arrest, charge suspect after man stabbed to death at South End gas station
- 3-year-old girl dies after sexual assault, abuse, police say; stepfather, mother charged
- FORECAST: Another hot, humid day on tap for the area; rain chances remain low
- 'We lost a hero': Thousands say final goodbyes to Savannah police officer from Charlotte
© 2019 Cox Media Group.